from “A Comparative Study of Church Bodies” by Pastor Rob Raasch
The Five Points of Arminianism
(Methodist, Baptist, Pentecostal churches)
* 1. God predestined people “in view of” their faith (conditional election).
2. Jesus made atonement for all people (universal redemption)
* 3. Free will enables a person to cooperate in his conversion (i.e. decide to accept Christ)
“In order not to be condemned you must make a choice–you must choose to believe.” (Dr. Billy Graham)
“We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know and experience God’s love and plan for our lives.” (Dr. Bill Bright, CCC)
4. Grace can be resisted.
5. A believer may fall from grace.
* = statements that contradict Scripture and the Lutheran Confessions